The vicarage in Nyborg
3 The vicarage
Nyborg’s other medieval house is the vicarage, adjacent to Korsbrødregården. Today the house’s long side faces the street, but when it was built in around 1400 it lay with the gable towards the street and was a socalled gable house.
In the 17th century the vicarage was extended up to Jens Madtzen’s addition to Korsbrødregården. The upper section of the walls was rebuilt after the Count’s Feud in the 1530s. It is Denmark’s oldest inhabited rectory.