15 The Town Hall
The town hall was erected on the eastern side of the square in 1586. There is, however, very little left of this structure – just some brickwork at the rear of the present town hall – since it too burned down in 1797. It was rebuilt in 1803, but renovated in 1862 by the architect Vilhelm Tvede, who added a storey.
Other changes were made in 1899 (by August Colding) and in 1931-36. The latest extension is from the 1970s.
Torvet 1 (Nyborg Kommune)